Dr. Erik Runkle is a Professor and Extension Specialist in the Department of Horticulture at Michigan State University. Since Erik joined the faculty in 2001, he and his graduate research team have developed research-based information on the effects of light, temperature, and other environmental parameters to control the growth, quality, and development of floriculture crops and edible leafy greens. He also investigates the opportunities and challenges of new greenhouse technologies, such as LEDs, spectral-shifting films, and transparent photovoltaics. Erik is a partner of the Floriculture Research Alliance and director of OptimIA, which focuses on improving the profitability and sustainability of indoor leafy-greens production.
- Essentials of Hydroponics Production: A tHRIve Symposium
- Saturday, July 15 • 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Back2Basics: Smart Scheduling Tool
- Sunday, July 16 • 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Transparent Solar Cell Design for Greenhouses
- Monday, July 17 • 9:30 AM - 10:20 AM